Deadline: Sunday March 15, 2015
1. First place winner receives $2,000 USD,
2. Second place winner receives $1000 USD and
3. Third place winner receives $500 USD
We are looking for filmmakers who can tackle the complex subjects and issues covered within the publication in a way that appeals to 14 to 17-year-olds. Filmmakers can use animation, live feeds, graphics, documentary style and more to create content that would engage a high-school student.
Videos should be 3 to 5-minutes long and must focus on a subject covered by The Economist in one of the following areas: politics, finance, international relations or technology. Entries must be in English or have English sub-titles, and no Economist branding should be contained within the submission.
The contest runs from January 16th through March 15th and is open to filmmakers around the globe and across genres.
Open to all filmmakers from across the globe and for all genres.
1. Submit your video after you've signed up
2. Your entry must be in English or have English subtitles. And must not have any Economist brand on it.