Mandela Rhodes Foundation Scholarship Programme 2016- Fully Funded
Deadline: 02 May, 2016
The Scholarship covers the cost of a Scholar as follows:
Tuition and registration fees as set by the institution
- A study materials allowance as set by the MRF;
- Accommodation and meal allowances as set by the MRF;
- A medical aid allowance as set by the MRF;
- Economy-class travel allowance for international Scholars only from the
Scholar’s home to their institution at the beginning and back home at
the end of their degree programme;
- Personal allowance.
The central purpose of The Mandela Rhodes Foundation is to build
exceptional leadership capacity in Africa (whilst also seeking to foster
better reconciliation and entrepreneurship) through its various
programmes and, to this end, aims to be the leading protagonist in
Africa for such endeavours.
The Mandela Rhodes Scholarships are intended as a vehicle for the
sustainable and practical expression of the aim to provide exceptional
educational opportunities, develop a network of leaders, and thereby
help to build leadership capacity in Africa.
Applicant must have excellent proficiency in oral and written English.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing
to postgraduate study (Honours and Masters Degrees only at present) at
any recognised South African institutions of higher education.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in any field.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for this scholarship:
The Scholarship is open to citizens of all African countries
- The Scholarship is for postgraduate study at South African universities or tertiary institutions
- Full funding is for Honours (maximum one year) or Masters (up to a maximum of two years) or their equivalents (MBA’s excluded)
- Any individual who will be between the ages of 19 and 30 years at the time of taking up the Scholarship may apply
- Applicants must possess a first degree or its equivalent or must be in the process of completing one by 31 January 2017
- Applicants should have a history of well above average academic results
- Individuals that reflect in their character a commitment to the four
principles of Education, Reconciliation, Leadership and Entrepreneurship
- The MRF leadership development activities sometimes include weekends.
It is a condition of the Scholarship that attendance is compulsory.
All applicants apply online via the Embark application system.
Get more information Via Mandela Rhodes Foundation
Grab opportunities on arrival! Just let me know where to send them. Type in your email in the box below.