The 2016 Yale Young African Scholars application is now available!
Deadline: 31 March, 2016 at 11:59 EST
The Yale Young African Scholars Program (YYAS) is a high-intensity academic and leadership program designed for African secondary school students who have the talent, drive, energy, and ideas to make meaningful impacts as young leaders, even before they begin their university studies.
Summer 2016 sessions will be held in three locations:
Ghana: 29 July – 4 August
Rwanda: 9 - 15 August
Zimbabwe: 20 - 26 August
YYAS brings together students from across Africa in this seven-day, residential program and helps prepare them for the demanding application process of attending university in the United States. YYAS is an official program of Yale University.
There is no cost to students to participate in the Yale Young African Scholars Program.
- You must be a citizen of an African country and currently attend school on the African continent
- Current or rising high school juniors (US grade 11), or the international equivalent.
- 18 years old or younger at the time of the program
- Excellent academic record
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Students will have 1.5 – 2 years left before completing high school, depending on academic calendar
- Interested in attending University in the United States of America
Please see eligibility by specific country here.
Required application components:
- Completed application form - The application can be found online and must be filled out by the applicant.
- One teacher recommendation letter - The recommendation letter must be written and submitted by a teacher through a link that will be provided via email. Alternatively, the teacher may email the letter to email@example.com and we will upload it to the student’s application. Applicants should ask a teacher at their school who knows them well and has taught them in an academic subject to write the recommendation letter.
- Applicant’s official transcript - The student may upload their own transcript (or for Zimbabwe, their O-level exam results) to their application. A student transcript is an official document provided by the school and includes the applicant’s list of courses and grades received.
The YYAS website offers you more information and guidelines on this opportunity.
Home >>> All Students Events >>> 2016 Yale Young African Scholars
Hire Me. I can help you win scholarships, gain admission and provide you guidance to the BEST institutions, for you. Click Here.